I trust the public health experts on this, and I urge everyone to do the same.
Vice President-Elect Kamala Harris.
Kamala Harris is referring above to the COVID-19 vaccine, which she publicly took Wednesday...hers was the Moderna version. I'm with her on this, but it's starting to get a little old watching the procession of politicians and celebrities performing this public ritual, which naturally brings them the "incidental" benefit of immunization from a deadly disease while casting themselves as public benefactors in the process. Not that I'm against the President and Vice-President, both present and future...as well as aging celebrities and politicians, active or retired...getting the vaccine. But there's no telling how long it will take...probably months, before I, a 64-year old active postal worker (supposedly essential) will be allowed to partake of the vaccination process, yet I'm getting barraged in the media by high-talking folks shaming me in advance if I don't get it. The other day they showed elderly Americans who were allowed the vaccines...there was an outside line of them that stretched endlessly down the street. And what's to say when it is finally my turn that they try to foist a less effective version of the vaccine than Pfizer or Moderna...I simply won't accept anything but one of those two. I am already heavily disheartened by the cavalier attitude of a large portion of my colleagues...from the top down...who reject wearing masks or social distancing. Even after all this is over, I will never forget those who were so selfish and hateful that they refused to wear a mask around me, even when it was offered for free. I work in an environment of pandemic denial that cuts across demographics, with so many deliberately choosing not to give a damn about the safety of coworkers and their susceptible families...
I made a point of referring to Kamala Harris as Vice President-Elect because incredibly there is still a move afoot to deny her and her running mate President-Elect Joe Biden their duly-won election victory with a proposed scam involving current Vice President Mike Pence's handling of the Electoral College results next week...to his credit he has refused to play along. Can you imagine what would have happened among the very people advocating this had the shoe been on the other foot and the Democrats were trying to overthrow a presidential election with more than 50 lawsuits and attempts to sway state governors and legislatures while impeding the transition and repeatedly claiming extensive voter fraud...and finally trying to manipulate the Vice-President himself? Truly abysmal. As I recall, it was election night 2016 when Hillary Clinton conceded that equally-close election to Trump, and President Obama promptly invited him over to the White House as the new President-Elect with the transition process expedited. No lawsuits or interference with state governments. What's going on now isn't "payback", it's treason...
No comments:
Post a Comment