Thursday, December 31, 2020

This Blog to Leave Facebook Starting Tomorrow, 1/1/21

My blog URL is wmirwinsblog.blogspot.com.  I mention this because starting New Years Day 2021, tomorrow, I will no longer be posting links to it on Facebook or Twitter.  I am fed up with these social media platforms for a number of reasons and decided that I couldn't take them anymore...if you can, then the more power to you.  I don't know whether or not I'll eventually shut down my accounts, but for the time being I'm done with posting on them, and with no intention to return.  For those of you who like to read this blog, and for the smaller number who like to give me feedback, I'm still continuing with it as usual and can be accessed with the above URL.  I also welcome comments, which you can make by viewing the blog article in question in web format (not phone app format)...at the bottom is a window to write your reaction, which I'll receive and review before posting it.  And with this system, you can comment and request that I don't publish it, and I will comply!  When I began this blog project in 2007 I intended it to be a disciplined exercise in daily writing, and my goal is still the same.  For the first two or three years I received comments ranging the globe and felt I was a part of the burgeoning community of bloggers.  But then Facebook exploded onto the scene and the number of active blogs and bloggers drastically contracted...my solution was to post links to my articles on that social media site, with mixed results.  So now I'm off Facebook (and Twitter), but my blog's still out there in the great, wide blogosphere.   Wishing all of you a healthy and prosperous New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment