Sunday, April 12, 2020

TV's Music Choice Offers Better Options than Broadcast Radio

I've spent so much time with this blog project of mine listing and reviewing my 500 all-time favorite songs that I just realized that I can't think of any definitively-2020 song that I've heard, much less like.  I've been disappointed that the only broadcast radio station in my area that purports to play alternative rock, WHHZ/100.5/"The Buzz", seem to either play hits from years gone by or pick for its current rotation of songs acts that sound more like they should be on Top Forty radio...if I want to listen to that kind of music I'll tune in to WYKS/"Kiss-105", which I don't.  I did notice, though, the other night while surfing around the Music Choice channels, which my cable TV service provides, that the "Indie" and "Alternative" channels were playing some really good, up-to-date music that wasn't getting any radio play.  I'm thinking of devoting a little time each day to listening to my television set for my music...a sad commentary on the sorry-ass state of radio programming nowadays in Gainesville.  Also, I might as well check out some online music channels...eventually I should come up with some future "memories" to add to my all-time favorites list...

No comments:

Post a Comment