This past Saturday I went on one of my four-mile runs through my own neighborhood, the adjacent subdivision, and down NW 53rd Avenue and back. It was a good run, but afterwards I began to show the signs of seasonal respiratory allergies...sneezing, sniffling and coughing...which have bothered me over the course of several years. I took a Zyrtec that night, and it alleviated my symptoms. I've noticed some others in my workplace and in stores and church in different states of allergic distress as well during the last few weeks of this extremely early spring season...my heart goes out to them. Last night I sat out on my back porch to keep our dog Freckles company as she roamed sniffing around the yard. No mosquitos yet, thankfully, but I could sense those little particles of plant emissions that have plagued me so much in recent years...time for another Zyrtec. Still, I enjoyed it out there with the bright stars, a misty fog beginning to sweep in, and the pungent smell of flowers permeating the air. I'm not going to allow respiratory allergies to ruin my spring...the temperatures are warm but not excessively so and I've noticed that I run the best under these conditions. With a little help from the pharmaceutical industry to treat my allergies...and possibly a little later from the companies making mosquito repellent...I'm determined to spend more time outdoors during the upcoming weeks...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment