Saturday, January 5, 2019

My Preferences for the 2018 NFL Playoffs

In 2018 I was convinced that although the Philadelphia Eagles had enjoyed a storybook regular season in the National Football League, they would sadly go nowhere in the playoffs after their start quarterback Carson Wentz was injured.  Shows how much I know about football: backup QB Nick Foles stepped right in and led the team to perhaps the most exciting Super Bowl victory ever, over the New England Patriots...by far my most hated team in the league.  So as the wild card games take place this weekend, I will wisely make no predictions...but that doesn't mean I won't express my preferences...

The following is how I rank the twelve NFL playoff teams according to my liking, not necessarily how good they are:

1 SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
2 PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
3 KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
4 BALTIMORE RAVENS
5 LOS ANGELES CHARGERS
6 LOS ANGELES RAMS
7 CHICAGO BEARS
8 DALLAS COWBOYS
9 HOUSTON TEXANS
10 NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
11 INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
12 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

And here are the matchups for today and tomorrow:

Today:
INDIANAPOLIS @ HOUSTON, 4:35 PM on ESPN
SEATTLE @ DALLAS, 8:15 PM on FOX

Tomorrow:
LA CHARGERS @ BALTIMORE, 1:05 PM on CBC
PHILADELPHIA @ CHICAGO, 4:40 PM on NBC

So consequently I want Houston, Seattle, Baltimore, and Philadelphia to win these wild-card games.  As for the following week in the playoffs, the lowest seed wild card winners in each conference will play the #1 seeds (Kansas City in the AFC and New Orleans in the NFC) with the other wild card winners playing the #2 seeds (New England in the AFC and the LA Rams in the NFC).  The only teams I feel any sense of loyalty to are the Seahawks and Eagles...may their games be blowout victories.   And I want to see the Patriots lose big in their game next week.  Other than that, I'd just like to watch some exciting, close, and well-played games...

No comments:

Post a Comment