Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Tuesday's List: Upcoming Running Races in Gainesville Vicinity

Usually this is the time of year in which I am the most likely to enter a running race...or two...or three.  Seeing how I live in Gainesville, Florida, and how this community has embraced running over the years, there are plenty of racing events to participate in.  The following list goes through March, showing races in the Gainesville vicinity.  Notably absent is the Run for Haven 10K that has been held around St. Patrick's Day in Tioga and which I had run the past three years...sad if it's not being held anymore.  In any event, there are plenty of races to choose from.  All races listed are in Gainesville unless otherwise specified...

2/17 Sat   FIVE POINTS OF LIFE 5K & KIDS MARATHON
2/18 Sun  FIVE POINTS OF LIFE MARATHON & HALF-MARATHON
2/24 Sat   JOEY'S WINGS 5K
3/3   Sat   RACE THE TORTOISE 5K (in High Springs)
3/3   Sat   RUN AMUCK WITH THE DUCK 5K
3/10 Sat   ARES VENGEANCE TRAIL RACE: 6H, 13.1m, 5K (in Alachua)
3/17 Sat   CLINT LACINAK/ST. PATRICK'S SHAMROCK 5K
3/17 Sat   DOVES AND SNEAKS 5K
3/24 Sat   GREAT INFLATABLE RACE: 5K novelty run
3/24 Sat   TRAIL OF PAYNE 10K
3/25 Sun  EQUAL ACCESS CLINIC NETWORK 5K

The above list probably isn't comprehensive as there are usually lower-profile races also held in the area.  I'm also holding out hope...slim as it is...that the Run for Haven 10K will take place this year...

No comments:

Post a Comment