Sunday, December 24, 2017
Went on Polar Express Train Ride Yesterday
Yesterday Melissa and I went down to Tavares to ride the "Orlando" version of the Polar Express train ride, based on the popular Warner Brothers Christmas movie featuring Tom Hanks. Kids were invited to wear their pajamas or nightgowns to the event, and there were plenty of them around for this children-oriented ride. But in spite of my relatively advanced age, I liked the movie a lot and I thought it would all be a sweet experience to go on the ride...I wasn't disappointed...
If you saw the move The Polar Express, you'd know that there is a lot of high action in it, including a skiing adventure on the train top as well as a number of breathtaking rollercoaster-like stretches. Nothing like that here, of course...the ride consisted mainly on recreating some of the movie's main characters, a reading of the story from the original book by Chris Van Allsburg, serving that famous "hot chocolate" (with a big sugar cookie thrown in ), and a lot of fun interaction between the actors and the passengers. I got as much of a kick out of seeing and hearing the little children's enthusiasm as I did the show itself. Oh, each of us passengers got our own Polar Express ticket with a letter punched individually, like in the movie...
The Polar Express train rides take place during the Christmas season on railways across the country. Naturally, in central Florida the scenery isn't going to be snowy. Still, we witnessed an extraordinarily beautiful sunset over Lake Dora while riding it. I encourage anyone, regardless of age, to try it out sometime...although we're probably done with the rides this 2017 season. And watching the movie beforehand will also make the experience more meaningful...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment