The British alternative rock band Radiohead has been around for more than thirty years, and with the same lineup of Thom Yorke, Jonny Greenwood, Ed O'Brien, Colin Greenwood, and Phil Selway. They are known most for their debut hit single "Creep" in 1992...but this is a band that has since then grown musically by leaps and bounds. In early 1998 I would listen regularly to my local alternative rock station and they would play Radiohead's "Karma Police", one of my favorite songs during that year. Five years later I chose "There There" as my top song of 2003. But it wasn't until 2010 when I truly began to explore this talented group's discography: I ended up with all of their albums on my mp3 player and would listen to a shuffle of their tracks while training for the marathon in the fall and early winter of that year. I still like to listen to them, and they've remained together...with the same members...every four or five years producing new material which I regularly add to my collection. Incidentally, I never did care too much for "Creep", while "These Are My Twisted Words", one of my all-time favorite songs of theirs, appears on none of their albums and was never released as a single: go figure...
And now here's my list, from top to bottom, of my ranking of Radiohead's nine studio albums over the years. The albums' titles are in capitals while I've listed beneath each one my favorite three tracks in order of preference. Hope you enjoy it...
1 KID A (2000)
Morning Bell
In Limbo
Idioteque
2 IN RAINBOWS (2007)
Faust Arp
Reckoner
All I Need
3 HAIL TO THE THIEF (2003)
There There
Sail to the Moon
Go to Sleep
4 AMNESIAC (2001)
I Might Be Wrong
Morning Bell/Amnesiac
Dollars and Cents
5 A MOON SHAPED POOL (2016)
Burn the Witch
Tinker Tailor Soldier Sailor Rich Man Poor Man Beggar Man Thief
The Numbers
6 OK COMPUTER (1997)
Karma Police
Paranoid Android
Lucky
7 THE KING OF LIMBS (2011)
Little By Little
Codex
Morning Mr Magpie
8 THE BENDS (1995)
Planet Telex
Black Star
Street Spirit (Fade Out)
9 PABLO HONEY (1993)
Lurgee
I Can't
Thinking About You
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment