For May 2016 I ran a total of 106 miles, more than I had expected when I had inauspiciously begun the month recovering from a nagging upper respiratory viral infection that had me going through sporadic coughing fits for days on end. But, although I missed out on running at the beginning of May, I did end up running on 26 of the days. My longest single run was still relatively short, at 4.2 miles...but I did manage to participate in a public running race, albeit a short 5K event. That happened on Saturday evening, the 14th, in Tioga: the May Day Glow Run, which I promptly wrote about after running it. Here's my link to that article...
Although I'd eventually like to step up my distance per run, the hot summer weather here in north Florida is working against that goal. Sure, six years ago I defied common sense and ran long distances in the heat of the day, more than once running past the ten-mile mark when the temperature was in the nineties. I don't think I want to do that anymore, though...
If I can continue consistently running for about three to five miles per day for the next few months without incurring any injuries, that may just be about the best I can reasonably do. I could also enter some more 5K races whenever they come up in the Gainesville area. Maybe this fall I'll be able to resume running half-marathons, my preferred racing distance (13.1 miles). This past season I was only able to run a couple of 10Ks and one 15K (9.3 miles) event (besides that 5K race I mentioned). We'll see...