For the past couple of nights, Melissa and I were at Daytona Beach, staying at one of the oceanfront hotels we like. Thursday evening we took a stroll out on the beach...and then ended up hiking down the shoreline to their famous "Oceanwalk", which included a performance at the bandshell by some country & western band, lots and lots of tired-looking and sweaty thronging visitors (it was warm and humid that night), some rides (slingshot, rollercoaster, tilt-a-whirl), and some free-lance fireworks displays. The two of us just walked through it all and, upon reaching the pier, took a small break and headed back. Later on, leaning out of our seventh-floor hotel balcony around midnight, we saw some more fireworks...this seemed to be the "official" show...set off from a boat just offshore near the pier. The next day we enjoyed outdoors by the pool and on the beach, with the sky still overcast but temperatures milder...I ran 7.3 miles up and down the coast. Friday night, the cold front we had been waiting for passed through and it became much cooler and very windy...the next morning, as we prepared to leave, conditions were still dreary but pleasant. We saw very little "blue" in the sky throughout our visit...the above photos I took this morning. After we checked out, Melissa and I ate lunch at the Black Sheep Pub and Eating House on A1A in Ormond Beach...it has a deliberately British/Irish atmosphere, definitely worth a return visit...