The other day Melissa told me about a free language-learning application, Duolingo, that she was using on her computer to study Spanish. She set up the application for me on mine, and I began with their Russian lessons. Only one problem: Russian uses a different script, the Cyrillic, from our Latin writing system and I had to type in the English-to-Russian translation answers using Latin transliteration. I solved this glitch by adding Russian as a second language on my computer...and can now toggle back and forth between the Latin and Cyrillic scripts. I learned the Russian system of writing back in 1976, even to the point where I can easily write "in English" using а Latin-to-Cyrillic transliteration I devised for myself. So the following passage "И ам студыинг руссиан анд уоулд лике то ачиеве флуенсы ин ит" is actually in English...see if you can "decode" it!
In any event, it's fun having Cyrillic on my computer...I may find myself slipping in a Russian word here or there on my blog every now and then...