Thursday, December 31, 2015

My December 2015 Running Report

In December, I ran for a cumulative total of 178 miles and on 26 of the 31 days.  Most of the days had me spacing my running out on several different shorter runs...my longest single run of the month was for 6.5 miles when, on December 5th, I ran the Lumber Around the Levee race, held at Barr Hammock Preserve between Micanopy and Paynes Prairie.  I've tried different strategies of training in December without any one seeming to give me much progress.  It's also been difficult here in north-central Florida with its unseasonably record hot temperatures and chronically high humidity...not conducive at all to road running.  The other day it got up to 86 degrees...in the winter!  I keep hearing talk about it eventually cooling around here...it sure would make my running more enjoyable...

Next month, on the 17th, will be the Ocala Half-Marathon...a race that I am already familiar with, having run this course in 2011 and 2013.  Whether or not I'll be ready for it this time around remains to be seen...but I'm inclined to go ahead and enter it anyway and just cover the distance even if I have to walk for stretches at a time...