One of the best rock music acts in the late sixties and early seventies was The Doors, with singer/songwriter Jim Morrison, lead guitarist/songwriter Robby Krieger, keyboardist Ray Manzarek, and drummer John Densmore. They made six studio albums from 1967 to 1971 and generated more than their fair share of controversy before Morrison died in 1971. When I was growing up at the time, I was only familiar with their singles releases. My favorite songs of theirs at that time were Touch Me and Love Her Madly. Now, since I have all albums and have listened to each a number of times, I have my own list of favorites...and not-so-favorites. Here are all of their songs from the six albums as I personally rank them according to my liking. After each song, the album it's on is indicated by the following code: The Doors [D], Strange Days [SD], Waiting for the Sun [WS], The Soft Parade [SP], Morrison Hotel [MH], and L.A. Woman [LA]. What are your favorite Doors songs?
1 THE WASP (Texas Radio & the Big Beat) [LA]
2 Peace Frog [MH]
3 Touch Me [SP]
4 Roadhouse Blues [MH]
5 Love Her Madly [LA]
6 Shaman's Blues [SP]
7 Alabama Song [D]
8 Riders on the Storm [LA]
9 Hello I Love You [WS]
10 Runnin' Blue [SP]
11 L.A. Woman [LA]
12 Light My Fire [D]
13 Hyacinth House [LA]
14 Yes the River Knows [WS]
15 Do It [SP]
16 The End [D]
17 Not to Touch the Earth [WS]
18 The Changeling [LA]
19 L'America [LA]
20 Break on Through [D]
21 When the Music's Over [SD]
22 People are Strange [SD]
23 Ship of Fools [MH]
24 I Looked at You [D]
25 Soul Kitchen [D]
26 Five To One [WS]
27 Tell All the People [SP]
28 Take It as It Comes [D]
29 End of the Line [D]
30 Easy Ride [SP]
31 Land Ho! [MH]
32 Queen of the Highway [MH]
33 Strange Days [SD]
34 Moonlight Drive [SD]
35 Summer's Almost Gone [WS]
36 Blue Sunday [MH]
37 Indian Summer [MH]
38 The Spy [MH]
39 My Eyes Have Seen You [SD]
40 The Soft Parade [SP]
41 Cars Hiss By My Window [LA]
42 Waiting for the Sun [MH]
43 Spanish Caravan [WS]
44 Been Down So Long [LA]
45 Twentieth Century Fox[D]
46 You Make Me Real [MH]
47 Love Me Two Times [SD]
48 The Unknown Soldier [WS]
49 Wishful Sinful [SP]
50 Crystal Ship [D]
51 Maggie Mcgill [MH]
52 We Could Be So Good Together [WS]
53 My Wintertime Love [WS]
54 Crawling King Snake [LA]
55 Wild Child [SP]
56 Back Door Man [D]
57 My Wild Love [WS]
58 Unhappy Girl [SD]
59 You're Lost Little Girl [SD]
60 Love Street [WS]
61 I Can't See Your Face in My Mind [SD]
62 Horse Latitudes [SD]