Saturday, October 31, 2015

My October 2015 Running Report

The month of October featured me running on a cushioned surface to protect my feet as I recovered from plantar fasciitis in my right foot.  I have also been doing foot stretching exercises to alleviate the problem.  Today I ran a short distance on asphalt, on the road around my block, about .7 mile...and feel no foot pain.  I ran on every day of the month, and amassed 260 miles...

Next month I will step up my outdoor running, which should be more pleasant with the expected cooler fall season temperatures and dryer weather.  There is a half-marathon in Gainesville in the middle of the month, and the Turkey Trot, a 10K race, will be held around Thanksgiving.  Whether or not I run in either of these depends on how well my transition to road running goes in the next couple of weeks...