Sunday, August 2, 2015

Heavy Rainy Season Beginning to Annoy Me

Living as I have for decades here in Florida, I am accustomed to stretches of rainy weather. But this summer of 2015 seems to be one of the most extreme...and I not just being subjective about it.  My front and back lawns for weeks have been slushy and muddy...the ground is supersaturated with water. And for the past few days, a cyclone centered in the eastern Gulf of Mexico just off the coast has been stationary, churning band after band of rainy, stormy weather at us.  Don't get me wrong...I like a moderate amount of rainfall, especially as it helps to work against the possibility of forest fires that have afflicted the area during the last twenty years.  But this current pattern is interfering with my outdoor running plan as I want to train my distance up to a race-ready level.  And I don't want to get soaked every time I go out there, not to mention be subjected to the high humidity level associated with this weather. The irony of it all is that this is happening during a hurricane season that was forecast to be very light.  Yet that storm system out in the Gulf looks an awful lot like a tropical storm on radar to me!

Sooner or later this low pressure cyclone will move on...hopefully sooner than later.  You know, come to think about it, I just wrote a blog article a little more than a couple of weeks ago lamenting the horrible weather then!  So I'm not just now "beginning" to be annoyed at it after all, as one storm system just seems to give way to another...