In July I ran a total of 316.7 miles, spreading this mileage out through several different shorter runs each day. My longest single run was 6.2 miles. And I ran on all but one of July's 31 days...
In August, I will try to maintain my overall mileage while attempting longer runs and making myself more accustomed to outdoor weather and terrain. I'll be doing this using marathon guru Jeff Galloway's technique of running for set blocks of time, interspersed with short walking breaks. For me, the "run 6 minutes, walk 1 minute" formula has worked best in the past and I plan to use it again to increase my distance on single runs. The aim is to be ready should I decide to go ahead and participate in a long-distance race in October, either the Bay Marathon in Apalachicola or the Alachua Lake Half-Marathon just southeast of my hometown of Gainesville...