Friday, July 17, 2015

Heavy Rainfall of Late Where I Live

I suppose I should be grateful that we're getting plenty of rainfall...after all, the folks out in California are suffering through a painfully harsh drought.  And for a while this summer, it seemed, we had settled here in northern Florida into a pattern of sunny mornings and early afternoons, with late afternoon and evening thunderstorms and showers.  I liked that since the humidity would go down during the day just as the temperature climbed up into the 90s...and then it would all get cooler with the rain.  But now it seems that the humidity is staying high around the clock, and the storms are starting to hit us in the morning, too...

All of this rain is turning my lawn into a swamp, and the grass seems to be growing twice as fast as usual.  Our poor ten-year-old dog Freckles, who was already traumatized by the booming and crackling Fourth of July fireworks various neighbors of mine were setting off from several days before the holiday (and a few afterward),  now has to suffer through the often continual thunder bellowing around us.  As for me, I don't mind the thunder, but the humidity, along with the hopelessly wet surface conditions,  has made running outdoors unfeasible.  Also, no one I know, including myself, likes to get out on the road driving under these conditions...