Friday, May 1, 2015
Just Finished Reading (Again) Sue Grafton's "C" is for Corpse
I'd written a little while back that I was a fan of mystery writer Sue Grafton's "alphabet" mystery series, with each book going through a letter in the alphabet, starting with "A" is for Alibi. After skipping around from book to book in no particular order, I found myself wondering which books I had read and which I hadn't...so I decided to go back to the beginning and read them all in alphabetical order...whether I had read them already or not. So I've read A, B, ... and, now, the C book ("C" is for Corpse), and so far they're all books I've read before. Still, each story was interesting, and I had the advantage of knowing in advance who the killer was...so I could examine how Grafton inserted them and certain clues earlier on in the novel. The next Grafton book is "D" is for Deadbeat, but right now I'm in the middle of reading three other books: The Mysterious Island by Jules Verne, The Idiot by Fyodor Dostoevsky, and Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke...