Thursday, April 30, 2015

My April 2015 Running Report

In April, I kept up with my total running mileage while limiting the lengths of individual runs, managing this with multiple runs per day.  My total mileage for the month was 309, with my longest single run being for only 5.3 miles.  I ran on 29 of April's 30 days, in spite of suffering a pretty severe rear-end collision on my car on the 20th and spending the day two days later at the hospital undergoing medical tests for a life-long condition.  With both of these, I emerged with no injuries or complications...so onward with the running!

I wasn't able to run in a race this past month, but then again races are secondary for me to the daily running itself.  Maybe I'll pick and choose some races during the next few months to enter...most likely they'll be of the 5K sort.  I also got out my old rusty, cheap bicycle a couple of times and rode around my neighborhood.  Just for the sake of recording it, I rode a total of 8.3 miles with 5.0 miles being my longest ride.  Next month, though, I intend to do much more bike riding and combine that with my running...so I look forward to greatly increasing the mileage there...