Thursday, March 19, 2015

March Madness: NCAA Basketball Tournament in Full Swing Today

After the initial four-game elimination round yesterday and Tuesday (one of which saw the only Florida entry, the University of North Florida Ospreys, losing their game), the NCAA Men's Basketball Championship Tournament begins in earnest, with sixteen games today and sixteen more tomorrow.  Right now, as I get myself ready to go to work (reporting time 3:30 PM), I'm toggling back and forth between TruTV and CBS as I watch the University of Alabama at Birmingham-Iowa State and Northeastern-Notre Dame contests, both very competitive and close so far in spite of the fact that they are both 3-14 seed pairings.  UAB is even leading at halftime against their favored opponent, but I expects both favorites to eventually win and advance.   Unfortunately, I'll miss the bulk of the schedule today and tomorrow, but should have more opportunities this weekend as the field gets narrowed down, after Sunday's games, to the "Sweet Sixteen"...