Yesterday I mentioned on this blog that I had a group of "favorite" college basketball teams that I tend to root for during the NCAA men's basketball tournament. Well, here's the list of those teams, in order of preference. Florida wasn't good enough to make the tourney this year; still, I put them (and any other schools I like that didn't have a good season this year) on the list...
1 Florida (not in tournament)
2 North Carolina
3 North Carolina State
4 Louisville
5 Michigan State
6 Florida State (not in tournament)
7 Miami (not in tournament)
8 Other Florida colleges (this year it's just North Florida)
9 Tennessee (not in tournament)
10 Virginia Commonwealth
11 Georgia Tech
12 Villanova
13 Georgetown
14 The Rest of the SEC Teams (except Kentucky)...this year it's Texas A&M, Georgia, LSU, Mississippi, and Arkansas (in no particular order)
15 Wake Forest (are they in the tournament this year?)
16 Virginia
At the other end, representing teams I root against the most, is this list:
1 Kentucky
2 Kansas
3 Connecticut (not in tournament)
4 Notre Dame
5 Michigan (not in tournament)
6 Duke
Note that nowhere are there any Pac-12 teams...I used to go against UCLA, but, since the "experts" seem to think that they don't belong in the tournament this year, I might support them this year just for the sake of being obnoxiously contrary...
I don't have any predictions for the tournament, but plan to keep up with it and pull for "my" teams!