Saturday, March 1, 2014

Relaxing At Daytona Beach this Weekend

Melissa and I are spending a couple of days here at Daytona Beach, at a hotel overlooking the ocean. Yesterday evening it was very windy and cool, and looking out from the balcony it looked to be high tide with the surging ocean leaving almost no beach.  Late this morning, though, the tide is lower and we now have a beach to look at (but the water is still full of white caps).  Not that I plan to go out into the ocean, understand...I am more into walks (and runs) up and down the beach.  And I will try a run or two here before we leave if my strained lower back feels better (it started hurting yesterday afternoon).  But the sky is beautiful and blue, temperatures are warming up to around 70 degrees, and we are enjoying our time here.  We're thinking about a late lunch/early dinner at the nearby Aunt Catfish restaurant, just on the other side of the Intracoastal...

Here are a couple of high and low tide pics along with another view, all from the seventh-story balcony of our hotel room...