In February I kept up with my monthly total mileage goal of 100, amassing 103.05 miles. I also managed to run on 27 of the 28 days, with the longest single run being a personal comeback triumph: the 13.1 miles of my first half-marathon race since last March, this one being the local Five Points of Life Half-Marathon on February 16. My final time was way off at 2 hours 7 minutes (the previous three I finished in less than 2 hours), but the main goal of finishing one was a resounding success. I also finished it strong, with some energy to spare. Earlier, on February 1, I had reentered the racing "world" with a reasonable run in Gainesville's Education for Life 5K at Westside Park (and points east).
Last spring I suffered from plantar fasciitis in my right foot, which caused my running progress to suffer for a couple of months. But I changed the type of shoes I wear, both for running and for general use, and instituted two routines of foot/leg stretching that dramatically eased the pain...which for quite a while has remained inconsequential.
I'm continuing with my running routine and goals. Whether or not I run any more races anytime soon is up in the air and depends a lot on other circumstances in my life. But I do know now that I can handle the half-marathon distance again...