Last night Melissa and I paid a visit to downtown Gainesville's Bo Diddley Community Plaza to join in the New Years Eve festivities and hear a concert by a Beatles tribute band calling themselves The Impostors. It was fun to just sit there watching people mulling around and sometimes acting silly while listening to a few of my old favorites from years gone by. The Impostors knew their songs for sure and were deft with the instrumentation, but the vocals in my opinion were sorely lacking. Still, I enjoyed hearing them go through tunes like I Saw Her Standing There, I'll Get You, I Get By With a Little Help From My Friends, The Word, Revolution, Back in the USSR, and even Hey Bulldog (although with this song they mysteriously decided to end it with the very "non-Beatles" James Bond theme). We hung around until the group went on a break and then made our way back to the house, where we all ushered in the New Year together as a family.
Here's a pic of that plaza and the band performing...