I missed out on the recent happenings in the sports world, partly due to travel and partly due to an acute allergic reaction. Now that normality seems to be creeping back into my life, I can look back on what's been going on. Let's see... in college football, the University of Florida Gators, as expected, went to Baton Rouge to play favored LSU and lost, this time by a score of 17-6. That's all right, as far as I'm concerned. I already knew that Florida wasn't a national champion-caliber team this year and just hoped for them to be able to win their own Eastern Division within their conference. Losing to a Western Division school won't hurt them much as long as they do well in their own division. Besides, Georgia, the Gators' arch rival, lost out to a surprisingly strong Missouri team on Saturday as well. In the National Football League today, I was pleased to see previously unbeaten New Orleans lose, although I'd have preferred someone other than New England to have performed this task. Miami was off this weekend, and the other two Florida franchises, both thinking themselves far too smart to hire someone like Tim Tebow to play for them, have each fallen to 0-6 records with predictable losses. In the baseball playoffs, Detroit surprised Boston by beating them in the first game of their series while Los Angeles is disappointing me after having lost two close low-scoring games at St. Louis.
There's more that happened, of course, but I'm just rattling off the major reactions to the stuff that interests me the most...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment