Monday, October 14, 2013

Hollywood Beach Walk

Last Friday evening Melissa and I paid a brief visit to Hollywood (Florida) Beach, standing on the shore and then walking a bit up and down the "Broadwalk" as they call it (I've always called it the "Boardwalk").  Along the way, at the Hollywood Beach Theater, was a rock band performing called "Rockin' Jake".  They performed original music, which I liked.  Those two cute little kids dancing in front of the stage, though, stole the show!  It was an interesting walk as we passed by various shops and restaurants.  There were several live bands performing in different spots.  The people visiting the Broadwalk seemed to be a perfect mix of just about every ethic group, age, gender...you name it.  I even heard Russian spoken by people from three separate parties there.  There were a lot of joggers and bicycles/scooters/dog-walkers, etc...

As for the shoreline, this beach was the prettiest I've seen in a long time.  I took a picture of the gigantic and spooky Ramada Hotel (originally the Hollywood Beach Hotel; later, for a while, Florida Bible College).  We stayed there on a visit a few years ago, and it reminded me of a few Stephen King stories.  My sister says it has a reputation for being haunted: I'm not surprised.  Actually, come to think of it, the entire beach/"Broadwalk" experience, looking back on it, now seems a little on the "dark" side...





No comments:

Post a Comment