Tuesday, October 8, 2013

My Father Dies

My father has passed away earlier today, at the age of 87.  He had been sick for a while and was suffering through life for the past few years and especially during the last few weeks.  I am sad about his death, but am relieved to know that his pain has ended and that he is finally at peace.  I got to see him and be with him a little while about a week ago.  I know I'll miss him terribly, just like with my mother when she died nearly eleven years ago.  He was a decent, hardworking man who took care of his family.  He also was very mentally sharp until the very end, and was deeply aware of his health woes and misery, wishing only to be able to pass away with some dignity.  God Bless Him!

I love you, Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment