A couple of days ago I wrote about how I had gotten out of touch with the current music that is coming out in the genre of indie/alternative/rock, with several musical acts I like having released new albums of which I had been unaware. Last night at work I was about to listen to the radio and, at little after two in the morning, tuned in to my local Public Radio station WUFT-AM, expecting some news, analysis, or a talk/magazine show. Instead, I was treated to something called Earth Cafe, which presented music that targeted the same genre I'm interested in. On this particular show, they featured Vampire Weekend, whose first two albums I have but evidently now have a new one out. They were interviewed on the air, played some songs live in the radio studio and discussed various older hits of theirs as they were played. Then, after their segment on the show was finished, I got to hear other independent/alternative songs, some brand new and some pretty old. It was a pleasant listening experience.
I know I can go online to hear this type of music, but on regular broadcast radio there hasn't consistently been any programming since 2008. I welcome this one show, although it IS only one show...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment