Sunday, October 6, 2013

Now a Kindle Owner

Earlier today, as a sweet birthday present, my wife bought for me a Kindle electronic reader.  It's probably going to take me a while to figure out all of its "bells and whistles", but for now I'm happy with being able to download onto it and read books.  So far, I've obtained just one book...Stephen King's newly released novel Doctor Sleep, and have read 52 pages.  This particular type of Kindle was relatively inexpensive, but it does offer touchscreen control and lighting that enables reading in darkness.  It should be a fun project to see just how many different ways I can use it.  One of my major personal goals is to drastically reduce clutter and simplify my material surroundings.  Hopefully, this Kindle will do for me in the area of books much of what my MP3 players have done with CDs, cassettes, and phonograph records...

No comments:

Post a Comment