This afternoon I woke up (I work the graveyard shift) and felt a little out of sorts, but I resolved to go out anyway and try to run a bit. It being in the oppressively hot 90's outdoors, I decided to go down to my local gym and run the treadmill. First I was going to run 3-4 miles, but as I went along I kept going. And going. And going! After a while, I realized that this was going to be a very good, long run...so why not go for 10 miles? And that I did, at my usual pace and accomplishing it in 89 minutes 48 seconds. I feel great right now, a few hours after the run. And that includes my right foot, which had been giving me some problems going back to March.
Ten miles is the furthest I've run since the 13.1 I did in the Orange Blossom Half-Marathon in Tavares, Florida back in March. And unless I am actually running in an official half-marathon race, ten miles is my preset maximum for a run. So I feel I'm ready for next month's half-marathon at the University of Florida. I know this run I did today was a treadmill run and not a road run, but I am not going outside to do any long runs until the temperature comes down a bit...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment