I thought it might be a good idea for me to list the upcoming running races that I have an interest in entering. I'll stay away from most of them, I'm sure...not because I physically can't handle the race load, but rather because these events cost some money. A little spent here and there is reasonable, but there is something to be said against overdoing it, too. The locations are all Gainesville unless otherwise specified...
August 23 (Friday)...Fit2Run Cross Country Challenge (10K event) (off West Newberry Road)
September 28 (Saturday)...chORD Half-Marathon (on UF campus)
October 5 (Saturday)...Jacksonville Marine Corps Half-Marathon
October 20 (Sunday)...Running for the Bay Half-Marathon (in Apalachicola)
October 27 (Sunday)...Light House Loop Half-Marathon (in Port Orange)
November 9 (Saturday)...InnerAct Alliance Half-Marathon (in Lakeland)
November 16 (Saturday)...Tom Walker Memorial Half-Marathon (on Hawthorne Trail)
December 14 (Saturday)...Season of Hope 15K (on Hawthorne Trail)
December 29 (Sunday)...Jacksonville Bank Half-Marathon
2014: January 19 (Sunday)...Ocala Half-Marathon
February 16 (Sunday)...FivePoints Half-Marathon
I'm sure other races will sprout up from time to time, and Florida is full of half-marathons during the winter months. But at least through February next year, the preceding pool of races offer me the best choices. There are four half-marathons that I definitely want to run: chORD on September 28, Tom Walker Memorial on November 16, Ocala on January 19, and FivePoints on February 16. Also, it would be cool to fit in a race that involved a little travel. That Jacksonville race on December 29 may be a stretch, but I've never run there before...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment