In the hotel I am currently staying at in Orlando, Channel 42 has instantly become my favorite...and all it does it play the same short program repeatedly. But the subject and tone of this program has great appeal: an introduction to Walt Disney World for visiting tourists.
No, this time around I'm not visiting Walt Disney World. But I have some pretty vivid memories of past visits, starting back in 1973 with my sister and some of her friends and progressing through the years to times with my adult family. Looking back, it's been a while since my last visit, back in 2004. Since that time, according to this little TV show, the Magic Kingdom added a New Fanatasyland section while the MGM Studios Park name was changed to Hollywood Studios. And it looks as if that Downtown Disney section has grown, although I've never visited it.
But aside from the positive vibes I got from the announcer as she presented the different attractions (and going on many of the rides), I got a kick out of reliving some of those experiences in the parks I enjoyed. Like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Splash Mountain in the Magic Kingdom and the Tower of Terror and Rock & Roller Coaster in "Hollywood" Studios. Plus, I was reminded of other rides that the video didn't show, like those cool ones at Epcot (especially the ride inside the big golf ball) and the Blizzard Beach superslides...
Tuesday, August 6, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment