I know it's just an exhibition game, with no bearing on the official standings or playoff status. And it's the FIRST exhibition game of the season at that, so the fact that the Miami Dolphins lost this game last night to the Dallas Cowboys shouldn't be that big. But as I sat there I could tell that Miami has an very long way to go before it can boast of being a playoff-calibre team. The final score was close, 24-20...but I want them to be successful and that means WIN GAMES, dang it. And I also want them to show off their improvement to the nation, so this being a nationally televised game didn't help, either.
But still we're dealing with a team that wasn't completely out there on the field, either. Many players are trying to make the squad and the coaching staff has to have them out there to see who's best qualified...not just to start, but also to be on the bench ready to fill in when events demand. So the regular starters weren't always out there (but neither were Dallas' either).
In 2007, the year the Dolphins went 1-15, they had a pretty good exhibition season, and hopes were up that this would translate into regular season success. It didn't...and I have to realize that it's best to wait and evaluate this year's Miami team on how it does when the games actually do count...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment