I've mentioned before on this blog that I am currently in the process of reading George R.R. Martin's fantasy series A Song of Fire and Ice. I just finished book #1, title A Game of Thrones, and am now well into the second, A Clash of Kings. Knowing that five books have been published in this series, I wanted to "catch up" by reading through them all expediently. Now, though, I have second thoughts...
Martin's acclaimed series is a little like Stephen King's Dark Tower series in that both authors have taken their sweet little time in writing and publishing the next installment (although King did finish the last three volumes of his series in a two-year flurry of writing). With A Song of Fire and Ice, here is Martin's timetable so far:
A Game of Thrones: 1996
A Clash of Kings: 1999
A Storm of Swords: 2000
A Feast for Crows: 2005
A Dance with Dragons: 2011
The sixth volume is supposedly to come out in 2014; who knows when the seventh and final volume will eventually be released. The bottom line on this is that there is no point with me rushing through the first five volumes only to wait a long time for the remainder. Better it would be, I think, for me to take my own sweet time reading the series!
So instead of daily reading I'm going to read Martin twice a week...and use the other days to embark on new reading adventures!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment