Wednesday, July 31, 2013

My July 2013 Running Report

In July 2013 I continued to recover from my right foot injury as I ran a total of 90.06 miles, considerably higher than in the previous two months.  My longest run was for 7 miles.  I ran on 25 out of the month's 31 days.  So on all fronts my running output has increased, although I don't plan to return to the 160-200 miles/month standard I set in the first three months of this year.  I have noticed my endurance gradually increasing each week as I cover more distance.  And the foot seems none the worse through it all after I incorporated certain daily stretches and began wearing snug-fitting shoes with arch support.

I expect August to be much like July was, with an gradual increase in my mileage as I aim for a local half-marathon race that will take place the last Saturday in September.

In July I also did some non-running exercise, amassing 23.4 miles of "miles-equivalent" cross-training.  So in all, my physical activity appreciably increased for the month...

No comments:

Post a Comment