Friday, August 2, 2013

Gutfeld Missed on The Five

After sleeping well into the afternoon today (I work the graveyard shift, so this is normal), I brewed myself a tasty cup of caramel drizzle coffee on my Keurig, sat down to finish my Times Square jigsaw puzzle, and turned the TV on Fox News to watch The Five.  A show like The Five, which on this "fair and balanced" channel consists of, naturally, five panelists, four of whom are ardent conservatives and one lukewarm moderate/liberal, normally would antagonize me to no end.  But I have found myself gravitating toward one of those right wing panelists: the very talented Greg Gutfeld.  In spite of his extreme partisanship against President Obama (whom I happily voted for twice) and Democrats in general, this guy is quite entertaining and witty.  Unfortunately, the rest of the panel stinks to high heaven (including its sorry excuse of a "liberal").  Today, the stench was unbearable as Gutfeld was absent, replaced by an equally conservative dude displaying no discernible personality.  Time to change the channel, which I did.

Greg Gutfeld is better on his other show on Fox, titled Red Eye, which he more or less controls and has guests that meld better into his style (like the comical Bill Schultz, for example).  The political atmosphere is still typically Fox right-wing Demophobic, but I get it and don't take things personally in spite of disagreeing with many of the opinions dominating it.  But Gutfeld wisely knows that at some point you just have to step back and laugh, something that far too many folks in the business on both sides of the political spectrum don't seem to be capable of grasping. 

Maybe Greg's on vacation, he had a schedule conflict...or just wanted to take the day off.  In any event, I'm off myself tonight from work, so I think I'll check to see if Red Eye is on and if he's on it...

No comments:

Post a Comment