Saturday, July 13, 2013

Rare Saturday Morning at Starbucks

As I write this, it is late morning on a Saturday.  I am sitting in my "spot" at the local Magnolia Parke Starbucks studying and writing.  It's just like the good old days, before I switched my work hours to the graveyard shift back in March.  But last night I was off and I reverted, like always, to my habit of sleeping the night away.  So I'm pretty refreshed right now, as opposed to how I usually am at this time of day: worn out and sleepy.

I had been experiencing second thoughts about having changed my work hours from the afternoon/evening shift to the late night/early morning hours.  As it has now turned out, though, I would have been reassigned to this time slot anyway by management and to a location that I have been trying to avoid working at over the years.  So now the hours aren't so cool, but the duty assignment works just fine...so I think I came out on top, considering the circumstances.

I'm fortunate that I came into Starbucks today at the moment I did, for that empty seat I like so much was available in spite of the place being very busy.  And soon after I got here it became even busier.  Saturday is a busy, busy time for this Starbucks!

The remnants of tropical storm Chantal are forecast to spread through and sit over Florida this weekend, dumping copious amounts of rain on us.  I have a few outdoor projects that I would like to work on.  Right now the sun is out, but I see the clouds starting to accumulate.  Oh well, I have some "indoor" projects to occupy myself, too...

No comments:

Post a Comment