I have been continuing to make some progress with my recovery from a right foot injury, increasing my daily running without noticing any increased pain or discomfort levels. But I still need to carefully monitor my situation and be prepared to slacken off the running should things begin to worsen (hopefully it won't). Just having lightened up on my running during the last two months, though, has taken its toll on my endurance, with just getting through previously easy distances something of a chore. Still, I am making progress with this as well, managing somehow to run 5.1 miles earlier today. The stifling hot, muggy summer weather we're experiencing right now in northern Florida isn't making it any better. When it gets too bad, though, I can run indoors on the treadmill (which is what I did today).
It looks as if there will be a half-marathon race staged right here in Gainesville, on the last Saturday morning in September. The course will wind all through the University of Florida campus, something that has great appeal to me, a Gator alumnus. I'm assuming (perhaps wrongly) that this event will take place on a Saturday in which the UF football team will be out of town, playing elsewhere. Considering what I have recently been through with this foot problem, being able to enter and finish this race would be a great personal victory. But regardless I'm still going to have to continue taking things one day at a time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment