This blog entry may seem a little shallow, but my main purpose in writing it is to establish a disciplined routine of writing during the hour before I report to work at 11 pm (this is my second night on the graveyard shift). I already did a 2.6 mile treadmill run at my local gym and plan to make pre-work/pre-writing runs a routine as well. So far, so good...
It may well work out that I could get to sleep about an hour or so after I get off from work in the morning, so by late afternoon I could be fully functioning. Today I was able to accomplish this, but I also know that each day at the beginning is a struggle as I try to change my sleeping/waking patterns. Tonight I hope to not be as drowsy as last night...and then the next night even more awake. We'll see, and I'll also keep my eyes open to any new job assignments that come up offering better working hours (along with good days off). But I don't think there will be very many opportunities in the future that don't involve working during the wee hours of the morning when most normal, sane people are happily tucked away in bed sleeping and dreaming...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment