As part of the new routine I'm trying to develop, I am stopping by the Gainesville Starbucks on Archer Road near SW 34th Street after doing my treadmill run at the gym I'm a member of...all just before going in to work my graveyard shift. This Starbucks, though, is always so crowded with customers glued to their seats for hours, staring at their laptops (or other customers), that I find myself forced to sit outside. Fortunately, this little shopping center, of which Starbucks is just one store, has a huge outdoor food-court-style seating area. So that's cool, I suppose...as long as it isn't raining, that is, for the court is only partially covered over.
Still, sitting outside brings me to the old days back in 2007 when I would sit outside a different Starbucks (which no longer exists) just before going in to work and compose my blog articles. Back then, though, it was the middle of the day and I didn't seem to have too many other projects on my plate to occupy my attention.
Nevertheless, I would like to be able to choose to sit inside every now and then. I don't think, though, that whether I'm inside or outside really has much bearing on what I write. Instead, it's the feeling that, in a relatively short time, I'm going to have to get up and report to my job. So this isn't exactly conducive to speculation and imagination, two ingredients that I like to make use of in my writing. Tonight is only the second time I've tried this on my new schedule, though, so I should give myself a fighting chance to make a success out of it...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment