Well, I have crossed the first difficult hurdle in my attempted transition to working a new shift, one that has me returning after ten years to a late-night/early morning routine. By the time I clocked out at 7:30 am, I was struggling, to say the least. I managed to make my way back home driving the eight city miles through thick rush hour/school zone traffic, got a little bite to eat, jumped into bed...and promptly passed out for several hours. That last part was auspicious: before, in the "old" days, I would have trouble getting myself to sleep after working the graveyard shift.
Tonight is Step # 2 in my quest to accustom my mind and body to the change in schedule. In the meantime, I still do what I can with the other routines in my life, wanting to keep up with my good studying and running projects. The writing is important, too...maybe this change will actually step up my output...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment