Tuesday, January 15, 2013

List Madness: Kasabian Songs Rated From Top To Bottom

Kasabian is a British alternative rock band that has made four albums in the past eight years.  I first heard their music in 2005 when my local alternative rock radio station (which has since abandoned that genre) frequently played their hit Club Foot.  Not particularly liking this piece at the time, I ignored them until the next song they played a few months later: L.S.F. (Lost Souls Forever).  And then the following song was even better: Reason is Treason.  All three were from their debut eponymous album.  Later I acquired their subsequent works and have developed quite an attachment to their music.  Instead of repeating information about the band's members, here is a link to the article in Wikipedia.

Lately, Kasabian has become the band that I predominantly listen to, especially while out running.  So I decided to do what I've done with other musical acts and list their songs according to my liking.  Please note, though, that ALL of their material is good, even that #45 track!

Following each song's listing is a letter standing for the album it's from: [k] Kasabian, [e] Empire, [w] West Ryder Lunatic Asylum, and [v] Velociraptor!.  The band is still intact, in fact trying to get a foothold in the United States market by touring over here.  Good luck to them!  Anyway, here's my highly subjective, personal list...

1 Fire [w]
2 Me Plus One [e]
3 Test Transmission [k]
4 Secret Alphabets [w]
5 Days Are Forgotten [v]
6 Sun Rise Light Flies [e]
7 Reason is Treason [k]
8 I Hear Voices [v]
9 L.S.F. (Lost Souls Forever) [k]
10 Velociraptor! [v]
11 Switchblade Smiles [v]
12 Processed Beats [k]
13 Stuntman [e]
14 Butcher Blues [k]
15 Where Did All the Love Go [w]
16 Pinch Roller/Cutt Off [k]
17 Empire [e]
18 Swarfiga [w]
19 Running Battle [k]
20 Last Trip (In Flight) [e]
21 Shoot the Runner [e]
22 Fast Fuse [w]
23 Ovary Stripe [k]
24 I.D./Orange [k]
25 Re-Wired [v]
26 Let's Roll Just Like We Used To [v]
27 Club Foot [k]
28 British Legion [e]
29 By My Side [e]
30 Underdog [w]
31 Seek & Destroy [e]
32 Apnoea [e]
33 Thick as Thieves [w]
34 Happiness [w]
35 Vlad the Impaler [w]
36 Take Aim [w]
37 West Ryder Silver Bullet [w]
38 U Boat [k]
39 The Doberman [e]
40 Man of Simple Pleasures [v]
41 Acid Turkish Bath (Shelter From the Storm) [v]
42 Neon Noon [v]
43 Goodbye Kiss [v]
44 Ladies & Gentlemen, Roll the Dice [w]
45 La Feé Verte [v]