As I mentioned a couple of days ago, I was considering entering an upcoming middle-distance running race, the 10K Turkey Trot to take place Thanksgiving morning here in Gainesville. Today I went down to Lloyd Clarke Sports on NW 13th Street (US 441) and registered for it. So I'll be doing only my third race of 2012 (although I believe I could have done more). Of course, what I really want to do is start running half-marathons again. But even if don't run in any official 13.1-mile races, I can still train on my own with longer-distance runs. After all, the weather has become very runner-friendly of late. Today I stepped out of my front door at one in the afternoon and ran 3.83 miles, immensely enjoying the 70 degree temperature and sub-40 % humidity. Also, lately I have increased the use of my local 24-hour gym, often running on the treadmill there around the midnight hour after getting off from work. And later today I may go there for my second training run of the day, something else I am doing more of these days.
Without having initially intending it, I have greatly increased my running mileage so far in November, still running every day while averaging about 4.5 miles per day. I don't know whether this rate will increase or not, but since I'm just taking things one day at a time, I'll let the future take care of itself...