Friday, November 9, 2012

Gone Are the Comments

I recently decided to disable comments on this blog.  There are some good (to me) reasons for this.  One, I am sick to death of getting saccharine, meaninglessly terse comments that are almost always linked to a business website.  Two, the few people who actually read this blog and have historically made pertinent comments either have my e-mail address or personally know me and can simply tell me person-to-person what their reaction is to any particular article.

Once, in a more naive and innocent time of my blogging adventure, I held the notion that readers who were even personal strangers to me, spread across the country or even the world, would read articles that interested them and would then express their own points in comments, to which I could then respond and thus establish a pretty cool open dialogue.  But after five-plus years with this blog, I have sadly concluded that there are NO such people in this sorry world of mine. 

So, gone are the comments!  Either you already know me or you don't: The way is shut (what movie is that from)...