Some more mixed comments...
--The anti-American protests in various Muslim countries, along with their often very violent outcomes, strike me as being, at least to a degree, contrived and premeditated. Events like these are often based on something that has been in the media or Internet for a while, and one can always find something there to get offended about if there is an agenda involved. There are forces in some of these countries (like Libya, Yemen, and Egypt) who want political power and see using the United States as a scapegoat as a means of corralling popular support. And of course, there are the allegations in Libya that Al-Qaeda directed the attack on the U.S. consulate that killed our ambassador there...
--Hurricane season, at least for my home area, has turned into a big yawner. Since I am no longer in grade or high school, I have no vested interest in one of them striking (and getting me out of school). So I'm not exactly complaining...
--The University of Florida football team travels today to Knoxville, Tennessee to play Tennessee early this evening. This looks to be a very even match-up between two teams, each of which sees themselves on the rebound after some disappointing seasons. I have absolutely no idea, though, about how this contest will play itself out, and which Gators team will show up to play. I'm hoping that what they did in the second half of the Texas A&M game last week will stick with them, as they dominated the line of scrimmage on both offense and defense and ran the clock out with outstanding ball control...
Saturday, September 15, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment