Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Assorted Short Comments

It's been a little while since I've written on this blog, but I think I'll give it a shot with some short comments on various topics...

--The presidential campaign continues its tedious journey toward the traumatic event (win or lose) on election day when one side claims victory and the other questions the validity of the results, crying foul.  You just know this is coming...

--The University of Florida football team under second-year head coach Will Muschamp has won its first two games, the last one an unexpectedly strong ball-control effort against Texas A&M on the road in the latter's very hostile stadium.  In my personal history of following my favorite teams during their "glory" years, the best teams always had a knack for controlling the ball on offense, and thus the tempo of the game, with long, time-consuming drives.  Being able to consistently get into third-and-short situations and then convert to first down is the hallmark of a true winner.  I'll take that over razzle-dazzle any day...

--I am currently in the process of reading several books at the same time.  They are scattered across my house and in my car.  And some I just read bits of when I stop by a store where they are on the rack.  This is probably not the best strategy in the world for reading, as I have the tendency to forget where I am in a story and what's been going on...

--My running continues as I attempt to reconcile some currently rather turbulent areas in my life with my need for regular routines.  Still, so far I have managed to keep my daily running streak alive, now standing at 133 straight days...

--Today marks the eleventh anniversary of the 9/11 attacks in this country, and also lies on Tuesday, the same day of the week when they happened.  I wonder, after all this time, how far the rescue technology and procedures have progressed to save those trapped high up in skyscrapers during disasters...

--I was pleasantly surprised a couple of weeks ago when I tuned my radio in to 980/WDVH one evening and discovered they were broadcasting Alan Colmes' radio show.  Finally, at least one liberal radio talk show to stand up against the overwhelming number of conservative shows...

No comments:

Post a Comment