Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy New Half-Year, Anyway

Sometimes I get too far ahead of myself and write stuff which, although it sounds pretty good, is actually based on faulty information and/or poor mental processing (MY mental processing).  Such was the case yesterday when I wrote a blog piece (which I subsequently deleted) revealing that July 3 was the median day of the year and that, consequently, one could look on July 4 as "New Half-Year's Day".  Sounded great, except for a couple of things: this year, 2012, is a leap year, so it has no median day: July 1 is in the first half and July 2 is in the second.  In a 365-day year, July 2 is the median day, with 182 days before and 182 following.  So this year July 2 would have been the big "half-holiday", not nearly as impressive as my initial revelation.

Oh well, I can still write down some half-year resolutions anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment