Sunday, June 24, 2012

Tropical Storm Debby Soaking My Area

Right now I am sitting huddled in my living room, avoiding the continuous heavy rains outside.  Tropical Storm Debby, currently centered in the northeastern Gulf of Mexico just west of north central Florida, is one of those asymmetrical systems whose most intense bands of rain are on one side.  Florida's side, with almost the entire state under water right now.  The Tampa-St. Petersburg area is now getting the worst band, but I'm afraid this one is headed our way. 

Originally, the computer models most favored by the meteorologists indicated that Debby would slowly move westward and eventually hit Texas around Houston.  But now another set of models shows it instead moving into Florida.  Slowly.  With lots and lots and lots of heavy rain.  So today and tomorrow that's what we will get.  And that's O.K., but I would have preferred this not to be happening on my days off from work!

No comments:

Post a Comment