Well, suddenly I find myself without basketball, and so baseball has finely shed the distractions of other sports and I can now concentrate on it. But not as far as ESPN is concerned, for I know better about how they run their shows...
The obsessive, often hysterical commentators on that channel can't get enough of talking about LeBron James right now. One was visibly ANGRY that Miami had won the championship and that the evil James had his moment of glory. After the interest in this topic begins to fade, I have no doubt that the talking head-cases on ESPN will get back to the sport at hand, as far as they are concerned: razzing Tim Tebow and in the course of doing so, complaining that everyone is talking about such an untalented backup quarterback. But I think I have one way to filter out at least some of this crap...
If an ESPN "talk" show features people sitting around a behind a counter, then although the discussion may be at times unbearable, there at least stands the chance of someone coming out with something interesting that reflects professional journalism. On the other hand, if there is no special guest present and they are just sitting back in their comfy cushiony chairs, I say quick, change channels! All you will get from this type of forum is a lot of garbage.
But I just want to follow baseball right now. It is strange to see the Phillies struggling in the National League East while the erstwhile cellar-dwelling Nationals are setting that division on fire with their incredible pitching rotation. I like how my Yankees are doing, especially how they are able to compensate as well as they have for the absence of their legendary-but-injured relief closer Mairano Rivera. But although New York is out in front of the American League East, that division is very tight from top to bottom.
I guess we're getting closer and closer to the All-Star game, something about which I care next to nothing. As a matter of fact, to be perfectly honest about it, I don't really care all that much about the standings and how "my" teams are going, even the Yankees. For my interest in this game is more on the situational level, with me in from of my TV watching the pitcher face the batter in the context of that particular inning. Not even the overall score of the game at hand compares to that, as far as I am concerned...
Monday, June 25, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment