Michael Moore (you know who he is, right?) is one of those "Tweeters" whom I follow (I follow several highly opinionated people with political views spanning the spectrum). In the recent few weeks, he has been doing something pretty cool: "virtual walking". Well, maybe that's not quite as accurate a term as I would like: Moore actually is physically going out on walks. He just would like to invite you to "share" in his experience by walking "with" him (in a virtual sense, that is). So, for example, he'll tweet that he's going to begin his walk at 1 PM. That means that people following him on Twitter can walk and, I suppose, communicate with him via the "Twit" app on their smart-phones. Or perhaps people will get some sort of feeling that, even though they may be out walking alone, in a sense they are somehow walking with Michael as well (and derive a feeling of social connection).
I wonder if somebody out there is interested in some "virtual running" as well, as I am more interested in that than I am in walking. You don't need a celebrity like Michael Moore on Twitter, though: just finding someone on Facebook who is into running might work just as well...
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment